An integral aspect of the human experience is striving to develop and improve yourself however you can. Although you may have heard of Reiki, you might not realize how you can raise your own level of development upon undergoing Reiki treatments.
What is Reiki?
Reiki is an ancient art of healing first practiced in 1922 by Mikao Usui, a Japanese Buddhist. The practice eventually spread to the western world and morphed into what is known as “Western Reiki” techniques.
Here are some informative facts about Reiki:
- Western Reiki includes 5-7 hand positions used by Reiki
practitioners. These hand positions are used to affect
the recipient’s “chakras” or “meridians,” locations of theoretical sacred
energy reserves found throughout the body’s surface.
- The practitioner poses his
hands in the hand positions near where the body’s energies are regulated to
promote wellness and healing.
- The Reiki practitioner might place his hands lightly on the body at the
chakra points. He might look at the chakra point or
even gently massage the chakra location in hopes of transferring energy to the
recipient. Light tapping near the meridians or the practitioner blowing out air
from the mouth might also be part of a Reiki treatment.
- Some Reiki practitioners do not touch the recipient. Instead, they place their hands a few centimeters above the body’s
surface to re-position the chakras’ energy.
- The Reiki practitioner believes he is providing energy called, “ki,”
through his palms. This is to balance the
receiver’s body energies.
- Although Reiki is an ancient practice, it isn’t supported by science. Research on Reiki has consistently come up with no real evidence of the “life force,” or ki, or how it can impact the individual, positively or otherwise.
How Does Reiki Heighten Self-Development?
Because Reiki isn’t scientifically proven, you might be wondering how it could actually help you in your quest for deepened self-development.
Consider these points:
- Undergoing Reiki allows you to relax.
During Reiki you’re laying down quietly, usually on a masseuse’s table. You’ll
likely be relaxed throughout the process, lessening stress.
- Taking part in Reiki is a unique experience. There are few other experiences that are similar to having Reiki
done. In a sense, it will expand your mind to take part in Reiki—it’s a new and
different experience. Reiki might even peak your interest in the healing arts.
- Suggestion is powerful. When Reiki
practitioners deliver their treatment methods, they’ll likely make certain
suggestions about balancing your chakras and meridians. Because you’ll be so
relaxed at the time, it’s possible that you’ll take in the suggestions and do
what’s necessary to feel better. You might become more open to acting on
- Taking part in Reiki can increase your feelings of well-being. Although the effects of Reiki haven’t been proven, when you do anything to feel better, it can be helpful because you’re giving attention to the troubling issue. In this case, undergoing Reiki may be a means to an end.
Reiki is a fascinating healing art that could peak your interest and heighten your self-improvement. There are times in life when it’s refreshing to try something new, different, and a bit unusual. You’ll relax, have a unique experience, and increase your well-being.
Open your mind to this unique healing art form that just might be your cup of tea for strengthened health and increased self-development.